Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Homemade is Better...

All year long you can find me impatiently waiting for the first signs of the season changing. Come late August you can hear me say "Can you feel that? I think there's a little something in the air" to which my darling hubby will reply "Don't jinx it! Great, now it's going to stay hot forever".

Here in Maryland the very first sign of color change has arrived. The farm behind us has some beautiful weeping cherry trees and they are always the first to turn. They are beautifully peppered with the first yellow leaves! 

Which brings me to the topic of the day...Pumpkin Spiced Lattes or in my case since I don't have my own personal espresso maker, Pumpkin Spiced Strong Coffee with some Warm Frothed Milk.

Don't get me wrong, I love me a Starbucks Latte but every year when the Pumpkin Spiced Latte comes out I find myself once again going out for one and I am always disappointed. It just isn't pumpkin-y enough for me. Maybe it's just me.
                 
                                           

I found a recipe for PSL Syrup over at my favorite blog A Beautiful Mess and decided to try it this morning and WOW!
It's like liquid pumpkin pie! No Joke. 
Mr. AB saw what I was up to this morning and circled the kitchen till it was ready and he practically pushed me out of the way to pour some in his travel mug before leaving for the job site. One sip and he's hooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment