Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throw Back Thursday, Art Edition...

For those of you who are fellow Facebook Addicts like myself know about TBT or Throw Back Thursday where you post a picture from a time gone by. I've really been enjoying everyone's posts. I mean what is more fun than being given permission to look through someone's old photos?

I thought I would do a TBT "Art Edition".
Here's one of my favorites from 3years ago.
(why does it feel longer than that)

 My first real portrait done in acrylic. It was quite a challenge let me tell you. 
If years from now some art historian were to analyze this painting they will see no less than a BILLION layers of paint as I tried over and over again to get the skin just right. 

 Here is a photo of the finished product with a can of Coke just for scale.

This is a portrait of my dear friend David Cassidy.
The concept was to design a "wine label" utilizing info about his weekly live radio show.
How did I do? 

Every Thursday from 3-5pm EST he does a live radio show from Kiltimagh, County Mayo Ireland!
Can't listen live?

Trust me, he'll keep your toes tappin for 2hrs straight each and every week!




No comments:

Post a Comment